Do you feel that your brain has changed? During pregnancy? After baby?
Mom brain. It is a thing! Also called momnesia, pregnancy brain, baby brain…
science has confirmed that it exists. (1)
6 symptoms of mom brain:
2. Inability to remember simple things
3. Frequently losing your train of thought
4. Inability to focus on logical tasks
5. General feeling of “brain fog” throughout the day
6. Constantly misplacing objects
6 solutions for mom brain:
While there are some things you cannot change at all (I'm looking at you, hormones!), there are many things that are in your hands.
Water provides energy to brain cells more effectively than any other substance.
2. Sleep When You Can
Supporting a healthy sleep pattern should be a priority as soon as you are able.
3. Limit Multitasking
For your brain’s sake, multitasking should be used only when absolutely needed.
4. Eat Choosy
Eating a diet rich in healthy fats, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other key nutrients is crucial for your brain health.
5. Supplement Gaps in Diet
DHA, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Iron, Antioxidants, and Methylfolate are so important for neuro-nutrition—supporting mood, energy, sleep, focus, and memory.
6. Breathe Deep
Brain cells are very sensitive to decreases in oxygen levels and don’t survive or function well very long without it.
Quick tip: Set a timer to remind yourself to do a breathing exercise; even a few minutes can energize your brain
Mama Bird Prenatal Multi+
Using Advanced Neuro-Nutrition™, it’s designed to support you and your baby’s growing needs at every stage of pregnancy.
- Can support healthy neuro-development
- Promotes the body's energy production
- Improves memory & brain processing speed
One Fish, Two Fish Prenatal DHA
Created to help pregnant women bridge the diet gap and avoid DHA deficiencies during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- Vital for your baby’s neurodevelopment
- Boosts mom’s mood, sleep, and memory
- Our bodies don’t make it, so you have to take it
Madhavi Gupta, M.D. is the founder and CEO of Best Nest Wellness. Dr. Gupta is a board-certified neurologist and has won The People’s Choice Award as a favorite doctor three years in a row. She holds a degree in biochemistry and humanities from MIT, completed her neurology residency in New York City, and completed her fellowship in headache medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
1. Nature Neuroscience volume 20, pages 287–296 (2017)